Job Description - The Premier I&E Safety Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director of Health and Safety in the prevention of workplace injuries and the reduction of health risks. In this position, the specialist will provide full support to the operations team to manage and ensure consistency and compliance of all safety programs. Traveling to worksites to investigate complaints, conducting regular audits, identifying potential risks and ensuring regulatory compliance will be expected. Based on these audits and feedback from operations, the specialist will assist in the development and implementation of risk reduction strategies. As part of your risk reduction duties, the specialist may promote safety awareness among our employees by providing safety training, attending group tailgates and distributing informational material.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environment, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and regulations.
- Attend group tailgates and conduct safety briefings, provide written safety information and address safety concerns.
- Assist in the investigation of incidents to determine root causes and corrective action to prevent future incidents.
- Recommend measures to help prevent workers from potential hazardous work methods, processes or materials.
- Assist in conducting safety training or educational programs.
- Investigate safety and health complaints and assist in their resolution.
- Assist in the design and implementation of safety programs.
- Working knowledge of computers including: internet access, various types of applications, document preparation, google drive, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presenting.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and city safety requirements, including OSHA.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time while meeting deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships with employees, supervisors and managers.
- Leadership skills, such as the ability to motivate a team and provide feedback.
- Decision making abilities to analyze information, evaluate the results and choose the best solution to solve problems.
- Ability to organize and plan work by developing goals and plans to prioritize work activities.
- Ability to develop and build teams by encouraging mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiating with others while handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances.
- Must be able to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination
The pay rate for this position is $24-25 per hour.